Business and community
Starting or growing your business? Find resources or contact MU Extension business specialists for expert help at every stage.Learn more (clickable)
Tech specialists help take intellectual property from idea to commercialization.Learn more about this program (clickable)
Making a difference
Helping citizens tap into local strengths and university resources.Learn about ExCEED (clickable)
The Center for Applied Research and Environmental Systems (CARES) aids interested public and private parties in learning about and managing our resources.
The Alianzas partnership enhances the ability of communities to collaborate with the growing immigrant Hispanic population.
Exceed — Regional Economic and Entrepreneurial Development
Building resilient communities through community economic development, entrepreneurship and strategic planning.
Creating Whole Communities
Links the resources of the university's local efforts throughout the region, creating whole communities.
Meet the experts
- Greg Tucker STATE DIRECTOR, SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTERS
- Jana Weitkemper PTAC STATE DIRECTOR
- David Steffes SBTDC CENTRAL REGIONAL DIRECTOR/COLUMBIA, MO
- Mallory Rahe PROF, AST EXTNS
- Johanna Adams ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Willis Mushrush FIELD SPECIALIST IN PROCUREMENT
- Mary Paulsell INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Dewey Thompson DIRECTOR, EXTENSION MISSOURI TRAINING INSTITUTE
- Rae Lyon ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, MISSOURI TRAINING INSTITUTE
- Yvetta Hamilton BUSINESS SUPPORT II, BUSINESS & INDUSTRY PROGRAMS
- Robert Russell DIRECTOR, LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Mike Adams SOFTWARE SUPPORT ANALYST, EXTENSION SBDC
- Marc Curry EXTNS PROFESSIONAL, ASOC
- Matthew Pezold FIELD SPECIALIST IN LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Chris Thompson FIELD SPECIALIST IN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Letitia (Tish) Johnson COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Joseph Koenen COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURE AND ENVIRONMENT
- Matthew Herring FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY